Samir H. Bata
We all live on this earth and have so many chapters opened like friends, jobs, family, people, thoughts, social groups, activities etc….
Some of these chapters are helping us live a happy life full of joy and happiness. Some others are causing lots of pain, headache, frustration, and disappointments, which consequently leads to unhappiness, unhealthy life, worry and misery.
Since our objective is to be happy and enjoy the world we are living in, it is essential that we close those chapters that cause this negative impact on us and find new chapters that reverse the negative feelings, worries and pain
Personally, I closed too many chapters in my life, and this led to a better feeling. I broke up some personal relationships with “previously called friends”, snapped away working relationships with awesome clients that caused headache, left tasks that made my life miserable, left places I liked before and never came back to, and so on is the case with many chapters that I closed.
To do that and close the annoying chapters, I would like to suggest a six steps approach to enable you to do that:
- Recall moments of pain, frustration disappointments , unhappy feelings in your personal life or work life
- Define which chapters are associated with these negative feelings
- Decide to close these chapters immediately with a logical exit plan, be assertive about it and eliminate people or circumstances that bring you down
- Do not think back about the negative consequences of closing these chapters, since you had already identified them as negative points and causing lots of pain and unhappiness in your life
- Forget completely those chapters and do not invite them into your life.
- Replace the closed chapters with new chapters that will bring happiness to your life, and put a smile on your face and those around you; such as a new job, a new tasks, new friends, new relationships etc….
With planning, comes implementation. So embark on those six steps, because you deserve to live a life filled with love, happiness, health and productivity. Lead the way as someone making the world a better and happier place to be in.
Samir H. Bata -Business and transformation coach/ LEADACT International